And the parade is making a come-back!
The theme of the parade is “Community Unity,” with the mission to bring everyone together to celebrate the community!
Of course, it’s free to watch…
but would you like to participate? Because it’s also no cost to participate too. It’s important to let the City know, though, that you’d like to show up and enter.
1) There is no cost to enter, participants will be lined up in the order that they arrive.
2) Each entry should pre-register by October 9, 2023. Entries will be accepted the day of the event if they are on site by noon. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER NOON.
3) children and teen under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
4) Attention all drivers of cars, motorcycles, four wheelers, go karts, ATVs and all other motorized vehicles: ABSOLUTELY NO POWER BLOCKING, REVING OF ENGINES AND/OR BUMPING OF OTHER VEHICLES. NO DARTING IN AND OUT OF PARADE TRAFFIC. NO “PRETENDING” TO RUN INTO SPECTATORS.
5) no water balloons or spring spectators with water.
6) HORSES/MULES WILL BE ALLOWED ONLY IF A MANURE CATCHER IS WORN. RIDERS MUST BE EXPERIENCED, AND HORSES MUST BE WELL BROKEN.
7) No candy may be thrown from moving vehicles during the parade. All candy, business cards or other items must be HANDED out.
8) Exposed float tires are prohibited. All trailers must have a fender to cover the wheels.
9) Parents, unless an alternate drop off location has been arranged, do not remove your children from the float during the course of the parade. Children will be dropped off at the designated spot after the parade has ended.
10) No foul or obscene language, signage or music is allowed. This is a FAMILY event.
11) Children are not to walk alone during parade. They must either walk or ride as a group.
12) No SIRENS, HORNS OR BLARING NOISE SHALL BE MADE IN FRONT OF THE FUNERAL HOME IF THEY ARE OPEN.
13) All floats, cars and trucks should be decorated BEFORE entering the lineup area.
14) The parade will begin at the Trigg County Public Schools REAR parking area. It will then travel up School Street and enter Main Street. The parade will proceed down Main Street to West Cadiz Park, where all participants may unload.
THESE rules were established by the Kentucky league of cities, underwriters of the liability insurance policy for the city of Cadiz. There are no exceptions to these rules.